Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve day was spend Driving around exploring the island checking out some of my favorite lookouts. We drove through Tantalus Drive which dates back to 1892. After Cathy (Gabes mom) told me about their family tradition of eating sandwiches for dinner as a family on Christmas Eve when the boys were younger I knew just were we had to go. A stop at Kua 'Aina Sandwich in Haleiwa for lunch was a must, and it just happens to be one of my favorites. After indulging in our delicious sandwiches and fries we drove down North Shore a bit stopping at Turtle beach & seeing some of the giant creatures up close & personal then a stop at Laie lookout.







After our lovely day out and about playing tourist enjoying the wonderful 80 degree weather we headed home to finish up a bit of baking. We were going to a Christmas Eve party on post at a friends house and I was taking a arrangment of desserts. I absolutely love to bake & had so many ideas on what I was taking.

Here is what I ended up taking:

~Peppermint Cheese Cake~
~Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie Bars~
~Peach Cobbler with Cinnamon-Swirl Biscuits~
~Cinnamon Sugar Pecans~
and it was all homemade & a HIT at the party!!!!!!!!!! Not to toot my own horn but I happen to think I did pretty well.


I had a wonderful time chatting away with some of my most favorite people. We decorated foam Christmas ornaments just like little kids and ate all kinds of yummy food till we couldn't eat any more. It was a awesome way to spend Christmas Eve, totally not traditonal but hey I'm up for a change anytime. I'm looking forward to next Christmas with my love and the changes that await us.



No comments: