Sunday, December 5, 2010

Honolulu City Lights


I cant believe its that time again. This evening I met up with two of my girl friends and we headed down to Honolulu to watch the annual Electric lights parade. It was the 26th year of the city putting this on & the 2nd year in a row that I was able to go. I absolutely love parades, its a great way to get into the holiday season. My favorite part has got to be the different bands playing & marching through the streets. Something about all the different instruments when you put them together & the music they make gives me chills.



An estimated 45,000 island residents and visitors flock to the grounds of Honolulu Hale to watch the lighting of the City’s 55-foot Norfolk pine and the Public Workers Electric Parade, now an island tradition and part of the spectacular 26th annual Honolulu City Lights.



One of my favorite parts from the parade last year was the Mr. & Mrs. Claus & of course we made our way down to the Christmas Tree and there they sat. Up on the ledge just like last year, with the turtles & penguins around them. After looking around at all the giant figurines we went in to look at the decorated tree exhibit. So many different themed trees makes me wanna change mine up every year & have it a different. But then again that would get kind of expensive and not to mention there would be alot of stuff to store through out each year.







"More than 40 uniquely decorated City vehicles, including fire trucks, TheBus, refuse vehicles, emergency medical services cushmans, the HPD mobile command vehicle, and parade sponsor units and mascots were “fully dressed” for the occasion, with 14 high school marching bands rounding out the dazzling 54-unit procession."





One last visit before we made our way back to the car & that was to the big jolly guy in the red suite with a white beard. For some strangely odd reason he'd though Sarah & I had been naughty this year. I think he had us mixed up with some one else.



It was a perfect evening out with the girls, the only thing that was missing was the love of my life.

No comments: