Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11 Tunnel to Tower Run

For the husband who told his wife I love you one last time before his plane went down in a field, for the wife who stopped in the stairs to call her husband to say I will love you forever, for the mothers and fathers who kissed their kids goodbye the morning they died, for the policemen who rushed in with the firemen to help get others out only to die themselves, for the soldiers who fought back and lost their lives. Today, tomorrow, ten years from now, we will remember.




In honor of the lives lost on 9-11 and since then, on that horrible tragic day I decided that a great way to show my support and respect to the lost lives would be to participate in a race call Stephen Siller's Tunnel to Towers Run here in Hawaii. This was the first year the race was ran here on island & Hawaii was the 3rd largest organized group to run this race.

I couldn't think of any one else to do it with other than my two favorite girls. See the hubbs had SD Staff Duty the day before so he was out of commission seeings he would still be at work.
We made it down to the starting area near the Aloha Stadium with plenty of time to spare and really wake up. I mean we woke up at like 4:30 to get ready so we were still alittle out of it. There were thousands of people out showing there support from volunteering to running & even cheering us on by revving up their motorcycle engine on the side of the bridge.



With the ceremony behind us......raising of the flag, prayer, speeches, the National Anthem, Words of Wisdom and much more. It was finally time to start, we decided that since this race wasn't timed we were just going to take our time & enjoy it. It was a great opportunity for some good people watching as well. The run was a 5K which went across the Ford Island Bridge around the round about and back. I have always wanted to run the bridge since I started running and missed the Ford Island Bridge run a few months back so I was excited about this one.



We had such a great time, out of the different runs I have done on island this one had the most support & encouragement from by standards. People cheering us on as we went past them, even revving their motorcycle engine as we ran past & giving us the shaka sign. I'm glad I decided to participate in this race since it mint that much more to me than any other race I've done.





Its hard to believe that it has been 10 years since 9-11-01 and the tragic that struck the nation that day. I remember were I was that very moment that I found out......sitting in first period World History w/ Coach Carrol my freshman year of high school.
This day as well as every day that passes only reminds me to live each & every day to the fullest and not miss a moment. Do not let someone else hold you back from achieving your goals. Never set your sights to low or your dreams, dream big and run with it. We are not promised tomorrow, nor are we promise the next 5 minutes for that matter.

~Live Your Life With No Regrets~

We will never for get the ones that lost their life that day & every day since then due to this thing we call war. May you all REST IN PEACE.



No comments: