Saturday, September 17, 2011

Spin Class

I attended my first Spin Class on post this morning at the woman's gym. I had NO clue what to expect going into it either. I mean how hard could it be its just like riding a bike the only difference is its stationary verse a regular bike that you ride outside. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!! I was a wee bit nervous going into it with it being something I had never done before. 1: I didn't wanna make a complete fool of myself, 2: I only knew two other people in the class & 3: the only other time I'd been to the woman's gym was to pick up a race packet.
Gabe & I went together he was going to work out while S & I did the class. He was a great sport & encouraged me along to go and try something new. I knew that I had it in me to put myself out there it just takes time and a little bit of motivation.
The instructor just so happens to be Sarah's trainer through out her weekly work outs, she was super nice and helpful with getting the bikes set up and adjusted to our height. ONE HOUR I can do this I have ran longer than this and not had a problem at all so no reason this should be any different.
We got going & I looked at S & said my booty keeps sliding forward how do I stay back......she just kinda gave me this puzzled look & mumbled something to which I don't remember. I eventually was able to get adjusted well on the seat and was rocking it out, slowly turning the dial up as she would tell us. Faster ..... Faster..... turning the tension UP & UP ....... standing up on the bike then sitting down then back up & back down. Going from a jog to a sprint back down to a slow jog. We rotated off & on turning the tension up and down through out the entire hour long class. It really was a great work out and I was so glad that S & G talked me into going. I felt amazing afterwards & refreshed........kinda like a new person. It's been told that you burn more calories after you take a spin class vs. any other work out. Hey I'm all for burning a few extra calories off my body!!!!!
Through out the class I kept thinking "I'm so happy I'm not wearing a watch" I would have kept checking the time to see if we were almost done yet.
I'm getting there as far as stepping out of my bubble & trying new things with people I do not know. Now all I have to do is continue that and stick with it and I will be doing good. Here over the next few months will be a true test to that, I THINK I will do just fine though.

I just keep telling myself 1: I GOT TO PUT MYSELF OUT THERE, 2: WHO CARES WHAT OTHERS ARE THINKING & 3: I'M DOING THIS TO BETTER MYSELF.



I CAN'T WAIT TO ATTEND MY NEXT SPIN CLASS!!!

1 comment:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Spinning intimidates me a bit. Allen keeps trying to drag me to a class (he's had to do it for PT a few times), but the one time I tried it things didn't go too good, then again that's before I was in shape and athletic. Way to go for trying something new!!