Friday, December 18, 2009

BURRR its cold!!!!!!!!!


So after living in a warm area, were it doesn't ever get below like 70 degrees for a year and then you walk into a area were its 30 something degrees outside is insane. I should be use to the cold weather, I mean I grew up in Texas and spent every winter there freezing my butt off, but NO. I have been spoiled by the beautiful Hawaiian weather.
As I landed in San Antonio this morning and the pilot kindly told us it was 38 degrees outside I about went crazy. I mean I knew it was going to be cold I guess in my head I was just hoping that for a moment it wasn't going to be THAT BAD. Well I guess not.
I don't know how I am going to make it through these next four days. Good thing I brought a hoodie and lots of clothes to keep me warm. I miss Texas and everything here but man on man I DO NOT MISS THE WINTER. I like being able to leave my windows & door open and let the warm air fill my house.
(hahaha, & Jared wants to PCS to Alaska next. Man am I in for it if we do.)
However on the bright side of things I am here with my Bestie celebrating her Birthday so its all worth it. Every shivering cold morning and night. Lets just hope it doesn't snow while I'm here, but you never know it is TEXAS.

1 comment:

J said...

LOL, you really hate the cold! Now if that was me, I would have been on cloud 9 and so bummed if it didn't snow. G's folks were stationed in Alaska! It is the most beautiful state but the winters are God awful-too cold even for me!

I know you are home now, so I hope you are warm! :)