Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ornaments

Since the first time I went to the NEX, I have said that I wanted to get a ornament from the booth that they have right when you first walk in. The booth is there year around and so every time we go I always say I'm gonna get it today and then never end up getting it.
Well today was the day finally I got my ornament and not just one. I got 3 for us and one for my mom and one for Jared's parents. As I was going to check out and pay there was another one that I wanted to get, on top of the 2 we had already picked out. Then the sales lady processed to tell me that if I buy 4 you get one free. SWEET, but it took me long enough just to figure out which two I wanted in the first place how am I going to pick 2 MORE?????
That's when I decided it would be a perfect idea for my mom & his parents.
I love the ornaments because they have tons and tons of different ceramic designs to pick from. Once you pick the one you want then you can have it personalized. Of course they have every day traditional designs but then they have the Hawaiian one's as well and that's what I was going for.
Every year since Gabe & I have been together we have gottan a new ornament or two and these were our special ones for this year.





Two of them were for the tree and then the other was to hang on the wall.


3 comments:

J said...

I love those ornaments! They are so cute! We bought a few more than we usually do this year too...I love ornaments! I wish I could keep my tree up all year! :)

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I always see that kiosk @ the NEX...I love personalized ornaments...you know it gives it extra flair :)

Anonymous said...

I love the ornaments, start collecting one from each place you live, so meaningful, wish I had started that tradition, wish I had gotten one from every place we went on a trip. Love the Gingerbread House, I have never made one, but it looks fun. Just ran across this in my Goodhouskeeping mag. go to
goodhousekeeping.com/slowcookers it has a roast and more recipes. Also, goodhousekeeping.com/nybrunch for New Years Brunch ideas.