Sunday, December 13, 2009

We're having a Fiesta

I have wanted to start a Fiestaware collection since I was young. I was at a estate sale once with my mamaw and they had a big set that they were selling of all different colors. However then I was to young, didn't need them and they were asking way to much for then.
During one of our MANY trip to the NEX I saw that they had started selling it there. WOOHOO, I didn't get any that day because well I have a set of dishes at that I really like and don't plan on getting rid of them and why have more than what I need.
This past weekend while at the NEX (again) we went to look to see if they had the dishes still and sure enough they did. I stood there forever just looking at them and dreaming I had some of my own. When Gabe points out that they are having a sale and anything from the collection is 20% off. Still holding off and not jumping into getting any he pipes up and says, "pick out what you want, its ok". After standing there for what seemed like forever I gave in & got 2 place settings & a water pitcher.
When I got home I rearranged all the dishes and glasses in the cabinet to make room for our new set. I was so excited I had OFFICIALLY started my Fiesta Collection. I was on Amazon.com and did a search for Fiestaware and they had tons of it online. I made myself a "Wish List" on Gabe's account and plan on going off that to add to my collection. One day, I will have a collection like I saw at the estate sale along with all the cookware to go with it.


I have the Chocolate & Ivory place setting and the Red Pitcher,
Here is my "Wish List" http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/14OVXTWG2VJ56
(everything else on the list other than the dishes is Jared's :)

1 comment:

J said...

I like these a lot! Are these dishes for entertaining or for every day?