Saturday, December 26, 2009

MELE KALIKIMAKA


This is by far the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!!!!!We are so BLESSED to be together and enjoying this time that we have in such a beautiful place. Since Jared & I have been together we have always been apart during the Holiday season so being together this year has been extra special for the both of us. We started the morning off by opening the gifts we had gotten for each other as well as the ones that our family had sent us from back home.
I got Jared a bunch of car cleaning stuff and a GPS Garmin for work along with some fun yummy treats and a bunch of other goodies. He was in love with every thing he got. Even the work out stuff for at home, he's going to have a gym in our house before to long.SCORE, I did good this year. :)

He got me my new Sony Camera of course that he gave me a couple weeks ago along with loads of new Fiestaware. Four new place settings and silverware & a cake pan. He also got me a Wii w/ a few games. Gabe really has been enjoying the Wii, it's funny the games he got for it, he was keeping himself in mind as well. hee hee

We kinda went all out I guess you could say, seeings its our FIRST Christmas together since we have been together and we may not be together next year.
After digging into all our gifts we made a feast of a breakfast just for the two of us that included Eggs, Bacon and Homemade Oatmeal pancakes with Banana-Walnut Syrup. It was so good and we were both so stuffed after.



After breakfast we cleaned up the house from the wrapping paper and box explosion and went on to some baking. I made my very first Apple Pie along with Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie Bars to take over to our friends Jason & Rae's house. (we were going over there for Christmas dinner & we took dessert along with a side dish) I made my moms famous Mexicorn casserole dish as well.

Then off to the beach it was. I wanted to be able to say I went to the beach on Christmas Day. Now how often do you get to say that, & who knows if we are going to be here next year. We headed out and down to Dillingham it was. We walked around a bit watched the waves but it was super windy and a bit drizzly so back to the house it was.

We tested out the Wii for a bit and YES I still SUCK. This is going to take some getting use to and figuring out.
We headed over to Jason & Rae's house for dinner along with his parents late this afternoon. It was nice to have a Christmas dinner and not have to really do any of the work. :) I love cooking and baking but every once in a while a break is good. The fellowship and laughter with everyone was great. My first year away from any of my family for Christmas and all went well. Dinner was AWESOME, so so good. The Turkey was some of the BEST Turkey I had ever had. Everyone love the Brownies I made as well as the pie turned out just perfect. :)

After we ate we quickly said our good byes and headed home.

We had a 8:00pm date downtown to see STOMP. We stopped by the house (thankfully) to let the pups out for a bit and put our left over dishes in the frig. When I went in to let out Dingo and Bailey they didn't get all excited like they normally do which was really off for them. I looked down in Dingo's kennel and he had gotten so sick in his kennel and threw up every were. UGH!!!! Not only were we rushing to begin with but now we have to stop and wash him up and clean out his kennel. This is so not normal for him so we were a bit worried. He was crunched down in the corner and it looked so sad. After we cleaned everything up we were out the door on our way. A stop at the 24 hr shoppette, & after much talking we just weren't ok with leaving him in his kennel for another 2 or 3 hours. So we decided to call my friend Rae to see if she wanted to go see STOMP with me tonight so Gabe could stay home with our sick baby. She was more than happy to go. I was really bummed that he wasn't going to be able to go but it was for the best. We wanted to make sure that Dingo was ok and that if he did get sick again in his kennel.
We had a blast at the show, the energy that they put off and the excitement was so thrilling. It just makes you want to get up and start dancing around with them :)


All in All this has been the most AMAZING Christmas EVER, not only because of the gifts or the food or being in Hawaii but being with Gabe. I couldn't have asked for a better gift. He is my heart and soul and at the end of the day you can't put a price tag on how much his love and friendship means to me. He is truly the most amazing gift I have ever been given and I think God every day for putting such a amazing man in my life.

I can't wait to see what the next year brings and how we will grow stronger as a couple. With each and every passing day we grow closer and closer to each other. Today was the Cherry on top of the most precious year ever.
I LOVE YOU BABY & AM SO HAPPY TO BE WITH YOU. WE ARE TRULY BLESSED TO HAVE EACH OTHER.

MELE KALIKIMAKA

1 comment:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

You guys got some awesome gifts for xmas! It's always better when you get to spend it with your one and only. Glad you guys enjoyed for first xmas together and in Hawaii :)