Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Special Project

I am working on now getting my CC4 at work which in tells another pay raise :)
I can't pass that up, (what the CC part of it stands for I don't know) but I have tons of training I have to do in order to get my 4. I have finally finished with all of my modules and moving on to the rest of the training.
Once I get my 4 I can apply for a full time position in a classroom that I want and I will have a set schedule and hours which will be nice. Not to worry with that now though since I am going to HMR in about a month. But once that transitions is over I will be going back full force on wanting a position.
Along with having to do tons of book work and other things, I also had to do a "special project". To use in the classroom with the children.
I had in my head for a while now what I wanted to do, It was just setting aside the time and getting it done.
So Sunday when we got back from the commissary & getting the supplies, I needed I went to work on my project.
With alittle bit of help from Crystal it turned out awesome. I am so happy to have that done and out of my way now. There is only a few more things I have to do before I get my 4. The best part about it is once I have my 4, I don't have to do any of this training again. It's just once a year review all in one day and it stays with me as long as I decide to stay with in the Army CDC. That means even when we move, I can just be placed in a center and not have to go through the interviewing and hiring process again. :)



For my project I gathered a few empty water bottles. Filled them half way with water and then put different colors of food coloring inside. The other half I filled with cooking oil. This allows the water and oil to separate and become to different liquids, even when it is shaking up. It will still be two different liquids. The food coloring adds color to help the children learn their colors in different ways. I also labeled every bottle and hot glued the lids on. Some of them have glitter in them as well. I was so happy with the our come and the best part was my trainer was as well. I passed!!!!!! Yeah, one more thing down. I can't wait to be done with it all.

3 comments:

J said...

I love it, great job-very creative! And this coming from a former teacher is a big compliment! :)

J said...

I love it, great job-very creative! And this coming from a former teacher is a big compliment! :)

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Ooohhh!! You know I love the glitter idea...sparkle, sparkle!!