Thursday, December 10, 2009

STOMP

With this being the first Christmas that Gabe and I are together in Hawaii, I wanted to do something different. Growing up every year Christmas was spent with family. It consisted of going to the Christmas Eve service @ Church the night before, waking up and having Christmas and opening gift then getting together with all our family for a big feast. Jared has been use to being away from his family for the past few years with him being in the Army, so this year was no different for him. (not being around family that is) Me on the other hand its my first Christmas away from everyone back home in Texas.
With us not having children there isn't much to do on such a big Holiday just the two of us. Yes, we have decorated the house, put up our very first Christmas tree and we even have tons of gifts under the tree. However I still didn't want it to turn out like just another day in Hawaii.

So that's when we decided to go see STOMP. I bought our tickets, they are going to be in Hawaii December 22nd - January 4th, & I got the tickets in the mail today. So we are going Christmas night. The show starts at 8:00pm so we will still have the whole day together to do what ever. (i think we are going to have a picnic on the beach but we will see.)


I am super stoked about seeing STOMP live again. I saw them once in New York on my 2nd trip there and I have seen them one other time as well. Jared on the other hand hasn't seen them at all and thinks I'm totally crazy but that's ok he wants to go with and is just as excited about it as I am now :)








It is a heart-thumping, soul-sizzling Off-Broadway phenomenon.
STOMP is explosive, provocative and sophisticated. The idiosyncratic band of body percussionists fills the stage with magnificent rhythms, using matchboxes, wooden poles, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters and hubcaps – everything but conventional percussion instruments. It is such a high-energy, percussive symphony, coupled with dance. It is movement made original through the use of everyday objects in non-traditional ways.



I think I am more excited about going to see the show, than I am about opening the gifts under the tree :) hee hee I cant wait!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

J said...

Have fun-what a great way to celebrate Christmas! You can do the traditional stuff when you all have kids or are with family.

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Stomp sounds super exciting!! That's the one thing when it's just the two of you, you can start your own traditions and celebrate in special ways :)