Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pot Roast anyone???

I have been wanting Pot Roast for, what seems like forever now but didn't know how to make one. Out of the tons of cookbooks we have there wasn't a recipe that was just jumping out at me that I was wanting to try. I just wanted the traditional roast. You know the one with potato's, carrots and onions and the roast that just falls apart when you put your fork through it. Well after asking around and putting together a few of my own ideas I managed to put together our very first homemade Roast.
Through out the day I would check on it and it just continued to smell yummier and yummier. At times I just wanted to dig in right then but then I had to remind myself that no matter how good it looked & smelled it wasn't done cooking. So I went back to waiting and baking. Cookies that is. Another Holiday tradition that we have started. :)
Finally it was done and time to indulge. I had very little to eat all day because I was so excited about the roast that was awaiting us at the end of the evening.

OMG, I was so pleased with the way it turned out. I couldn't be happier & the best part there is plenty of left overs for tomorrow. Jared loved it and that just put the cherry on top. I love cooking and not that I stood there and slaved over the stove all day to fix dinner but when ever I manage to make something new (even in
the crock pot) and it comes out a success I get so excited.

This is definitely one that will go in the books to make again.

3 comments:

J said...

mmm...it looks delicious!

J said...

You know...I always wanted to be a mom early! G and I spent our entire relationship trying to have our first baby and now looking back, I'm glad God made us wait. I'm sorry I lost our little ones but at the same time, I'm glad we got a chance to get to know one another and travel before we brought a little life home because lets face it, once we have our baby, it isn't going to be about us anymore.

I think you and Gabe needed this time to get to know one another (I know you already do but it is different now than it was when he was deployed, right?) Once you move to TX and buy your house and get all settled, then you should try for your baby. LOL, I'm not telling you what to do...I know it sounds like it but I'm just telling you what I would do if I was you, lol!

He is going to take the asvab on Tuesday. I haven't posted much because every time we talk about it, my MIL crys. She does not want her baby to join the military. I feel bad for her but I'm not going to step in his way. I support him no matter what he decides.

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Successful dinners are the best!! Way to go chickadee :)