Sunday, December 27, 2009

Don't Eat ME!!!!


Today I had the chance to go swimming with the sharks with a friend and her in-laws. Something I said I wanted to do before I left the island. I was so excited when she invited me along, I couldn't wait.
Up bright and early to head down to North Shore and then I found myself standing there waiting to get on the boat.....getting nervous and scared. "AAAAAHHHHH
People do this all day every day so what is there to be scared about"
I tryed telling myself. Once we were on the boat headed out to sea I was super stoked but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but think "why in the world am I doing this."
We came to a stopping point 3 miles out from the harbor in Haliewa. They dropped the cage in and with in seconds the sharks were swimming around the boat and all over. OMG, I was having second thoughts but then I would be wasting the money I just paid to do this and not only that, Gabe would never let me live it down. (he didn't go)
It came our turn and I slowly crawled down in the cage scared to death because literally the sharks are swimming right by me. Never once did they touch the cage or show any signs of aggression. After a couple minutes I was OK and was totally having a blast. It was the most amazing experience ever. I was in the metal cage with Galapagos Sharks swimming around me. They were as long as 12 feet. They were so close you could see their eyes. Truly a moment I will not for get.
Here are a few pictures from my North Shore Shark Adventure.




2 comments:

J said...

GIRL, you are crazy!! I'm so glad the sharks didn't eat you! I'm envious... I would never be able to do that-I'm too chicken shit!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

You are one brave chickadee!!