Sunday, December 13, 2009

"A House or A Home"

NEITHER its a GINGERBREAD HOUSE. So we decided we wanted to decorate a Gingerbread house this year and we were just waiting till the right day. (why waiting, I don't know lol)
This afternoon after cooking a couple batches of cookies and getting dinner started in the crock pot we started on our gingerbread house.
I have decided that this is a tradition that I want to do every year with Gabe and we will see the different houses that we decorate as the years go by. For this being our first year to do one I think it turned out pretty well.


Gabe did most of the icing because it hurt my hand, while I did the decorating. I tryed to carry out patterns through out the house so it looked the same on either side. (its my ocd kicking in) But Jared wouldn't let me, the parts he did when I said "make it like this side" he just looked at me like I was crazy and went on about decorating it how he wanted. In the end I think it came out fantastic. I am already looking forward to out house next year to see how it comes out. I can't wait until we have kiddos and can decorate for the Holidays with them, it's going to be so exciting.

2 comments:

J said...

Did I just read that write: you can't wait to have kiddos? I think you are converting to the dark side! I can't wait to see us all as moms, me, Nichole and you! :)

Love ya girlie. The gingerbread house is super cute. I miss doing those with my students.

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I think gingerbread houses are the cutest darn things!! Yours looks so cheery and fun :)