Thursday, December 3, 2009

Making a Move

Things at work have been very stressful these past two weeks since I have been back from Texas. Rewind about a month ago and I loved the way things were going. I was in a class with a group of ladies that I loved and the kids were just amazing. (most the time that is) However shortly after I got back from Texas and back to work all the positions started to get filled with full time employees. Leaving me with my hours dwindling less and less. Why didn't I take a position you ask??? Well a long story short you have to be a CC4 to have a full time spot and I just am about to make my CC3 so it wouldn't of worked out. To move up you have to do tons of training which is very time consuming.
Monday when I went back to work after being off the week of Thanksgiving I was excited because I was back in the room I enjoyed being in and working 8 hours a day. WELL THAT'S WHAT I THOUGH, Looking at my schedule for the week I noticed that starting Tuesday I was going to be switch around from room to room because all the positions in the room I had been in have been filled. UGH, I was so so frustrated.
Now rewind two months ago when the decision was made to close Hourly Care (parents can bring their children for a few hours a day to run aarons or go to appointments and what not) and move it to HMR Helemono Military Reserve which is about 10 minutes away from Schofield. They were looking and asking for volunteers to go out there and work but no way was I taking them up on it, I was just happy were I was.
Coming back to this past Monday when I was looking at my schedule and the frustration that just ran through my body I just knew I had to make a move. I had talked to Jared about it before off and on and the main reason I didn't want to go to HMR was because I was happy were I was. I love the people I worked with and I don't like change as well as the drive. Right now it takes me less than 5 minutes to get to work and going to HMR I will have to leave my house a good 20 minutes early just because of traffic going toward North Shore on the two lane road, one lane going each way.
My Director was standing there while I was looking at the schedule and I asked her if we could talk and she said sure. We went into her office (she is new to the center and I really really like her, she knows what she is doing unlike the previous Director) and I asked her if she was still needing people to go to HMR and she said YES, with this desperate look on her face. I told her I was interested in going and explained my situation. She told me she was meeting with them tomorrow, Tuesday to finalize everything and asked if I wanted a day to think about it. I thought about it for a few minutes sitting there and I told her NO. I was afraid if she went over there with a maybe from me then they would fill the spot with one of their staff and I would have missed out on the chance to have full time hours and only being a CC3. See the down side of making the move to HMR is that I will not be able to come home during the day on my lunch to let the pups out or spend time with my love when he is home but the plus side of it is that I will have SET HOURS, MY OWN CLASS and I WONT HAVE TO WORRY AND STRESS ABOUT MONEY AND GETTING HOURS. To me right there that is all worth it. So starting Monday January 4Th 2010 I will be working in the Hourly Infant room Monday through Friday 7:45am to 4:15pm with a half hour lunch I will be getting 8 hours a day. Now the change is only for 6 months and then the Hourly Care Program will be moving back to Peterson CDC (they are moving it do to renovations at another center for the 6 months) come July of 2010 which if things pan out the way they should we are set to PCS in June so we will see when that time comes. But for now I am really excited about this new change and opportunity.
After talking to my Director about the change I went in and told my friend Crystal that I work with about what I was doing and why. She was so excited for me and said she would love to go but only if she could be in the Hourly Infant Room with me as well. I told her to go talk to the Director about it, since she was having the meeting tomorrow to finalize everything. So she did, she came back and said that she was going to check on Tuesday when she went for her meeting if there was another spot available. (keeping our fingers crossed that there was) Crystal like me is wanting full time hours but as well is only a CC3.
Wednesday before I was going to leave work I double checked to see if they needed me to stay late to help in any other classes, thankfully they didn't but Marleen, our Director told me that starting on the 4th Crystal and I both will start at HMR together in the same class and same hours. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I am so stoked about it now, even more than I was before. It works out perfect because she lives right behind me and her babysitter is super awesome and is willing to stay till after 4pm when she gets off work. :) As well as since Crystal and her husband only have the one car we will car pull over their together. Even better :) I am really looking forward to the new year, 2010 is going to be a GREAT year. I can feel it all ready, I am ready for anything the world / Army has to through at us. Jared & I are going into the new year with a smile on our face and a positive out look on our future together.

3 comments:

J said...

I hope your friend will be able to go with you! It would be so much fun to work with your friend and be able to car pool together. I'm so glad it is going to work out...sucks that you have to drive but it will provide for you guys and you seem happy and that is what really matters in the end, paying the bills and being happy!

Nichole said...

That is all AWESOME news Tiffany! I am so glad Crystal got the job as well. That will be so nice. Congrats on everything and I am so happy 2010 is looking like an amazing year for the two of you!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

How exciting to have your own class and with your friend!! You'll do awesome chickadee!!