Saturday, June 11, 2011

Girls Night Out @ Nashvilles

After the Army ball we went and check into our hotel, we were staying the night down in Waikiki at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Quickly changed & having a bit of fun in the room before we headed out for the night for drinks. Sarah & Nancy went for a shorter cocktail style dress & lucky for me Nancy brought a 2nd one & I wore that. (originally I was gonna go w/ jeans & a top) I have to say we were looking pretty fancy for three deployment deprived wives.




We made our way from one end of the strip to the other, to a little joint called Nashville's. Its a little country in the big ol' city called Waikiki. A first for Sarah but not for N or I, we quickly got our first round of drinks & found a bar stool table that we claimed for the evening.




Something about us all sitting there chatting away was intriguing to others. It was almost like speed dating Sarah said, every so often we had a different person come sit down and talk to us. Quite comical to say the least, hours & quite a few drinks later and we were ready to head back to the hotel. It had been a long night, little did we know it wasn't over yet.



On our way back I was in desperate need of something to absorb the alcohol, McDonald's was on the way and well in between Sarah crying for a cab (ok she wasn't literally crying but she kept asking to get one) we stopped in for some french fries and chicken nuggets.
My weakness is McD's french fries, as horrible as they are for you I love them. Nancy and I didn't seem to have a problem eating on the walk back to the hotel.



However Sarah on the other hand had a bit more of a challenge, for some reason. We quickly found out she can not walk and eat at the same time. Or maybe it was she was still so caught up in wanting a cab to make it the rest of the 4 blocks back to the hotel. Almost there a miss step caused her to miss the curb and well it all went down hill from there. Her pour sandal was broken and the tears began to flow, we did all we could to hold the laughter in. Nancy found herself literally LAYING on the streets of Waikiki. (she claims she almost peed her pants that's why she had to lay down) We stopped and sat down on a near by ledge and had a "girl moment" with our spouse. Everything the pour girl had been holding in for the past 2 1/2 months just came flowing out. I felt so bad for her, I couldn't let her remember this night the next day when she looked at her sandal. So whats a best friend to do....... dispose of the evidence. The SANDAL that was, now don't get me wrong yes they were her favorite ones and sadly not repairable so I had to do it. I'm sure it made a homeless person very happy when they found it the next morning.
Another night down in the books of history to remember with the spouse & mistress. I absolutely love these two girls!!!!!!!!

No comments: