Sunday, June 5, 2011

Surf's Up

After living on the Island for 2 & 1/2 years I finally tried my hand at surfing. I was a wee bit nervous at first seeings I don't like the salt water in my face. The surf seemed pretty swell at White Plains, we had our boards & were headed into the ocean. I was worried that I would tire myself out swimming out past the break but I did awesome. I wasn't tired at all, I was knocked off my board a few times from the waves but still going strong. After riding a few waves in on my stomach I was loving it & ready to take on the challenge. I got back up and waited for that perfect wave to come, it took a few dead ones but I stuck it out. My sweet friend V came along with us to give us some pointers and show us how it was done. I managed to get up and ride in a couple waves on my knees which was totally awesome. Sarah did the same she was a freaking rock star. I never though I would enjoy getting out there on a surf board trying my hand at it but I had a blast. I have to say it was one of the greatest times I've had in a while.




At one point while we were out in the water I looked over at Sarah & said "this is awesome lets do it again next weekend".
Well yes it was a blast it was so much fun, but I would be lying if I said I could do that every weekend. The insides of my arms were so sore & the tops of my feet were cut from rubbing on the board. The backs of my legs were sun burned and my neck was sore from look back. After we got back to the shore line 2 hours later. YES, our first time out we were out there for TWO whole hours straight. We were having such a blast, we kept saying "lets just catch one more good wave". We ended up passing out on the beach for about a hour, laying there listening to music. It was just what I needed to clear my mind after the information over load that we have gotten over the last few days.



I had so much fun and can't wait to do it again. I got up to my knees so the next step is to get up on my feet. I know I can do it, after today I realized that I can do anything I put my mind to and succeed. I love learning new things its so much fun. I can not wait till Gabe gets home so we can do things like this together.

No comments: