Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Popover Pizza Casserole
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper (sweet)
15.5 oz jar pizza sauce
1/2 of a 3.5 package sliced pepperoni, halved
2 oz can drained mushroom stems & pieces
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1 6 oz package thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1) preheat oven to 400 f, lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish
2) in a LARGE skillet cook ground turkey, onion, green pepper until meat is brown & veggies are tender. (drain off fat)
3) stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni, mushroom, oregano and basil to the meat mixture. bring to a boil reduce heat. let simmer for 10 minutes uncovered.
4) in a small bowl combine eggs, milk and oil, beat with electric mixer for about one minute. add flour beat about one minute or unit smooth.
5) spoon mean mixture into the 9x13 dish, arranging cheese slices over top. pour topping over the cheese slices, sprinkling that with the grated parmesan cheese.
6) bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until topping is puffed and golden brown. serve immediately.
This was a HIT with Gabe because be absolutely LOVES pizza!!!