Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Spanish Chicken 'N Rice
1 TSP chili powder
3/4 TSP salt
1/2 TSP ground cumin
1/4 TSP pepper
12 oz boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips
2 Tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
1 medium onion sliced
1 1/2 cups water
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
1 small (1/2 cup) green bell pepper chopped
1) place chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper in a large ziplock bag ~ add chicken strips and seal tightly.
2) shake bag well till chicken is coated completely.
3) melt butter in a 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken strips. cook over medium-high heat stirring occasionally, unit lightly browned 4-5 minutes.
4) stir in rice and sliced onions continue stirring occasionally unit lightly browned 3-4 minutes.
5) stir in water and tomatoes continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil 4-6 minutes.
6) reduce heat cover cook until all liquid is absorbed 18-22 minutes.
7) remove skillet from heat stir in green peppers, sprinkle with cheese. cover let sit till cheese is melted 2-3 minutes.