Monday, June 20, 2011

Ground Turkey Enchiladas

I have enough cookbooks to start a store with if I wanted to, and even more meal ideas in my head then I know what to do with. We've talked & we are going start going through all our books & making all new meals from here on out that we have not tried before. Some I'm sure we will add our own little twist on them like we did tonight with Ground Turkey Enchiladas. With a few changes we have implemented into our life style this one should fit just well. I'm sure there will be some here & there that we aren't crazy about but you never know till you try right ?!?!?!? I'm looking forward to this & venturing more out of my box.
I plan of keeping track of the meals here through my blog so I can remember the ones we like & changes we made, as well as the ones we weren't crazy about.



Ingredients

2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey cheese blend
1 onion, chopped
24 (6 inch) corn tortillas
1 (19 ounce) can red enchilada sauce ~ we used a homemade red salsa that Gabe made :)
4 cups cooked ground turkey
1 (12 ounce) can refried beans
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
cumin, garlic powder, dried minced onion, red pepper flakes

Directions

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2) cook onion & green chiles in a skillet for about 5 minutes, then transfer into small dish for holding.
3) cook turkey adding a little cumin, garlic powder, dried minced onion for seasoning to taste.
4) warm refried beans on stove top in a sauce pan adding a dash of red pepper flakes.
5) warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds 3-4 at a time
6) fill the tortillas ~ spread a small amount of beans on first, add meat, then chile onion mixture finally top with cheese mixture and then roll tight placing in the pan. repeat this till finished.
7) top with red salsa & remaining shredded cheese.
8) bake for 20 minutes covered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trying this recipe for dinner. Thanks! From one Tx Girl to Another ☺