Wednesday, October 5, 2011

DIY Project

While at 1st Monday aka Canton Kari & I picked up a couple wooden unfinished crosses for ourselves to put together as a project. We decided we would make friendship crosses and each of us would have a piece of each other in our homes. With the Army moving us around all the time its hard to always be with the ones you love the most. I have been dealing with this a lot over the last few weeks with our move & how difficult it has been, so this was really meaningful to me.

We searched around for a quote to put on the bottom that would go along with the meaning behind why we were doing this and finally came up with this.....


“Good friends are like STARS~ you may not always get to see them, but you know they’re always there.”




It fits perfect for not only Kari & I but for all my friends I left in Hawaii and the ones I have in Texas. Well with the supplies bought we planned a dinner date at her apartment which worked out perfect because our guys were able to finally meet and get to know one another & bs while drinking beer, while we first cooked dinner and then started our crosses.

They turned out perfect, well as perfect as they can be for our first attempt at “building-a-cross”.



I’m looking forward to getting into our new home and starting my cross wall. I have 3 to get me started and I’m sure that I’ll add to it over the years. (once I get the wall put together in our new home I’ll post a picture.)


No comments: