Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sea Life w/ Shae

Friday we had plans to take my little cousin out for the evening. We decided to go to Grapevine Mills Mall because they have lots of great places to eat, good shopping and also different things to do.
When we got there we walked around the mall till we got to Sea Life, which is a indoor aquarium. (score two aquarius in on day this is my lucky day) The attraction is fairly new so we though we would check it out. They as well had tons of sea creatures from all over the world and they were displayed in very adventures habitats. Though out our walk there were questions that you had to answer and scratch off on your answer card. The way you would get the answers would be to look at the “Fin Facts” on the wall around you, Gabe & Shae had fun doing this together. They make a pretty good team and best part they got all the questions right. I was a little disappointed in the prize you got in the end though, her options were a sticker or a tattoo, kinda lame but she enjoyed it.






The Shark Walk was pretty cool, it was a glass floor that you could walk on and see the sharks swimming below you. There were a couple areas like this and Shae was a little nervous about walking on them at first. I’ll admit that I was to but I figured I have to brave it up for the kiddo lol.




I think the Jelly Fish were Gabe’s favorite part and Shae enjoyed the WHOLE thing you couldn’t stop talking about how COOL it was. At the every end was a touch pool were you could touch a few of the sea creatures we had seen such a a crab & star fish. Shae was really not sure about this but she braved up and did it. I love being able to take her out to do fun things like this because I know she isn’t always able to. I miss being here to spend time with her so we had fun making up for lost time.
After Sea Life we ended up eating at RainForest Cafe which is a interactive rainforest. We’ve been there before & I wasn’t a big fan, I personally think the food is a bit pricey for what you get. Shae just loves it and when her & Gabe get together she gets what ever she wants. He tell’s her its what ever she wants and boy does he stick to his word. She even suckered him into buying her one of those $15 light up cups, what a dork he is. But its ok I don’t mind now that we are moving closer & back on the Mainland I’m hoping to be able to send more time with her.





After dinner we were headed back to the car but made a quick pit stop at the human hamster ball. Just like in Hawaii when Sarah & I tried it only difference was this one was inside. I though about doing it again but decided not to and let the kiddo have a try at it. She got up on her feet a couple times but didn’t last long, it was so funny being on the other side of the wall watching some one you know inside the ball. She got out and couldn’t stop laughing about how hard it was and hot inside. She was such a hoot but boy did we make her night.

No comments: