Friday, October 14, 2011

Goodbye Texas

Good Byes are never fun or easy or wanted for that matter but as we all know in the life of a Army Wife & her Solider they come every so often. The time as come for us to leave our Texas family once again as we move on to our next duty station. I was really excited about the adventures that lie ahead and the new to come but nervous and sad as well about leaving my loved ones behind. I hated having to say good bye once again to the ones I love so much and hold close to my heart.
We enjoyed our time in TX with family dinners, double date nights with friends, and shopping, remember what all the mainland offers that Hawaii didn’t. I miss it so much Hawaii that is, after being back on the ML for a couple weeks I found that all those places I loved so much here while growing up weren’t that great any more. I had grown accustom to living with out them and didn’t mind it at all. Sure its nice to have more of a selection of restaurants to pick from or stores to shop from but we made do with what we had in Hawaii. I have always said all along that when we get out of the army that I want to move back to Texas were I grew up. Through the weeks I was home I found myself rethinking that idea, but who knows that could always change again.

We had to say many good byes and that I just hated, leaving my family and friends is hard to do. Knowing we are on the mainland now and it will be a bit easier for them to come and visit excites me. I can’t wait to get back into our own home, its be really nice staying at my mamaw’s house and spending time with her and helping her out. I am so much more independent now than I was before moving out and I enjoy having my own space and home.
I can only hope for the best as we make the 15 hour drive to our new home and pray that every one I leave behind remembers the good times we had while we were home.

Texas until we meet again here are a few of my favorites!!!!

Visiting my dad & Callie (my brother pit) before we leave.
We miss you bubby!!!
Awh my favorite family

We love these two, no matter how rotten they are getting
I'll miss my momma, mamaw & papa so much!!!

No comments: