Saturday, October 22, 2011

Stepping OUT

DAY 8

At Ease Ft. Jackson WINS!!!


I attended my first At East Ft. Jackson, a monthly gathering for spouse's here on post. It's a great way to meet other wives & have a night out with out having to go far. Always a pot luck style meal for dinner I had to result to the commissary on my dish seeing's we still don't have our HHG's yet. (5 more days!!!!)
This evenings gathering covered "Seasons of Change for Your Military Marriage". It really hit home for me & made me think about how I can always improve our marriage & make sure the communication is there. We did a exercise that aloud you to figure out what your love language is & mine was "Quality Time" fits me to a !T!. It was a great way to see how you and your spouse communicate & express your feelings & how you learn to love.
Going into the evening I didn't know that the group was Scripture based but it was great I LOVED IT, just what I needed. It wasn't at all bam here is the bible in your face but they definitely incorporated it in so that was nice. Through out the night they did drawings & you got to pick something from the prize table. MY TICKET WAS PULLED FIRST!!!! That's were the "Mr. / Mrs. Book" came from, it's a journal were you and your husband can right back and forth in. He has one side & you have the other, I think I might start it once Gabe comes back from Drill School & starts working his long hours. I also got "The 5 Love Language" book that evening from a resource table. There were a few different books to pick from that you could HAVE (how awesome is that) & I figure to go along with the evenings theme I would go with that one. I can't wait to read it.
I went into the evening not knowing a SouL & left 2 hours later after meeting a few fabulous ladies. Conversations led to get together's in the future but time will tell. I am keeping a open mind & trying to not be the quite girl in the back of the room, I sat at the FRONT table HELLO people. OK~ Confession time, I sat at the back table with a group of girls at first & then they asked us all to move forward to fill in space so I made my way first to the front table (which was empty) passing plenty of empty seats.
It's a step a small one I know but I've told myself If I'm going to get anywhere in the life as a Army Wife during our stay at Ft. Jackson I have to STEP OUT OF MY BOX.

There isn't a meeting for November bc of the business of Thanksgiving & School so December 9th is the next one & I'm definitely going to be there. By then we'll have our HHG's & I'll be able to take a freshly baked yummy treat to share :)

1 comment:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I'm proud of you for putting yourself out there! It's super nerve wracking at first, but hopefully you will be able to make some great friends :)