Friday, October 28, 2011

Surprise Date

DAY 14

*bOO at the zOO*


I was on a role busting my booty getting the house done, boxes unpacked & pictures hung. All day that's all I did from the time I woke up. I started up stairs and didn't come down till our bedroom was finished. When it got closer to 4pm Gabe kept asking me if I wanted to get out of the house and go do something. I replied with sure like what as I kept working on the house, he told me not to worry about it that he would take care of it. Ok I though and paid him no mind I was on a mission to finish the house and that's all I could think about.
Finally about a hour later I was DONE.......after showering & getting ready we were headed out for the evening. I felt good about things so it was a much needed treat for us. We were driving around town for a bit then eventually made our way to the Zoo for Boo at the Zoo. I had seen a billboard around the area advertising it & though it might be fun but never mentioned it to Gabe. When we pulled in he asked "is this ok" of course are you kidding me I replied this is perfect. I was so excited, he had already pre~ordered tickets on line and everything. How freaking awesome was he, I swear my husband is just perfect for me and knows just how to make me smile.
We spent the evening walking through the Zoo Ewing & awhing over all the different animals they had. Some of the exhibits were closed because it was dark and there were TONS of people there but I'd say about 85% or the Zoo was visible. Some of the outside exhibits you couldn't see some animals because it was so dark and they didn't have those areas lit up. There was Halloween colored Christmas lights every were, decorated lift size animal boards, pumpkins both normal size & life size. Scarecrows, Ghosts & goblin figures were scattered through out the park lit as bright as ever. With the music playing, S'more station's to roast marshmallows & a dance area the night couldn't have been any better. We had fun watching all the little kiddos dressed up in their Halloween costumes running to the next spooky booth they saw to get candy. We were one of the very few couples with out kids there but we had a fabulous time, I have to say it was the BEST night I've had since moving to South Carolina. I loved more than anything that Gabe planned the entire thing all on his own and dinner after as well. We ended the evening at Texas RoadHouse for dinner watching the first half of the Rangers game.

I try to keep telling myself that it only takes time and this place will one day feel some what like home.

1 comment:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Your last statement is very true. In time, all places can start to feel like home. Hang in there and take it one day at a time. And remember don't be too hard on yourself on the days you don't like it there. Let yourself feel all the emotions and before you know it things will start to feel better :)