Thursday, October 27, 2011

Turing a house into a HOME

DAY 13

HHG delivery day!!!!!!



I have been waiting for this day since before our HHG's were picked up in Hawaii. As we took apart our house to get it ready for the big pack day I couldn't wait to get settled again and things back to normal. I was worried sick about things getting broken during packing & transport. We had only had to go 2 1/2 weeks in SC with out our HHG's & thanks to the lending closet it was to bad. Not the greatest & I definitely wouldn't want to have to live with out our things for much longer. I know many of people that have had to wait and I'm sure at one day we will have to wait longer for our HHG's to arrive but for now I'm grateful we didn't.
Gabe & I both were sorting through boxes as fast as they were loading them off the truck. It was funny because at one point Gabe made the comment that one he didn't remember what half the stuff was that we had & two he didn't remember us having that much stuff. Him & his short term memory little does he remember we got rid of tons of stuff in Hawaii before we were even packed. With a 4 man crew it only took them about 2 1/2 -3 hours to unload all four crates and get everything in the house. (and just a fyi~ we really didn't have that much)
In between sorting through boxes I was unpacking as quickly as I could getting things put away and were they needed to be. Once the movers left we went to town on the house working till about 10:00pm Gabe got the cable, TV & sound system set up down stairs & then upstairs he did the whole office and put our bed together. I was so happy he took off on his own and busted his butt helping me get our Home together. So much that he completely forgot that today was his last day of in processing with 10 minutes to spare in the middle of the afternoon he quickly changed & went up to the office to final out his paper work. Poor guy though left his folder in my car so when he got there he had nothing, thankfully the guy that works the desk is super cool and just told him to come back tomorrow.
When he got home we finished working on the house till we went to bed. Things are coming together & its really starting to feel like home in our house. (outside our home is a different story)
I can't wait till the morning, I think I might wake up bright & early to finish the house. IT WILL BE DONE TOMORROW!!!!!!

I'll post pictures once its finished!!!!

No comments: