Friday, February 6, 2015

4 Months till Our "I Do's" (part-5)

Later that evening after he proposed we went to Rock Fish a, local joint for a bite to eat just the two of us. He was leaving headed back to Hawaii the next day and I was trying to soak up as much time as we could together. Knowing he was going to be deploying later in the year, a few people made simple suggestions as to how we could get married at the court house and then have a real wedding when he got back. No way I wasn't having that, and thankfully neither was he. I knew we'd never end up having "our" wedding when he came back if we did that. Earlier in the week we had gone and checked out a few wedding venues we were interested in and were pretty much settled on were we wanted to get married. The DWA - The Dallas World Aquarium. I knew I wanted something different, nontraditional and not in a church. Not that there is anything at all wrong with being married in a church. I've been to many many beautiful weddings in churches, I just wanted something different and exciting. Another must have for us was to have the Wedding and Reception in the same location. At the DWA we were able to do that, total score. We / mainly myself with the help of some family and family friends managed to plan and pull of the wedding of our / my dreams in exactly 4 months. G helped were he could with suggestions and idea, but lets he real, he was pretty laid back and easy going with most details and planning. 

20 days shy of a year later from the day we met, we were married!!!! 
We Met 11-29-06 
We Married 11-09-07
It was by far the best decision I've ever made. I never imagined I would ever move out of Texas let alone live in 3 different states since then. I've grown so much as a person and wife since we've gotten married though and I wouldn't change it for the world. 
Our Life & Marriage is far from prefect but its PERFECT for US & really that's all that matters.

I recapped our wedding a while back but if you haven't read it you should. 

1 comment:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

That is so great you were able to plan it so quickly! We planned ours in 6 months because I didn't want to wait until after he got back from Iraq. Funny how things work out!