Friday, February 5, 2010

Kalua Pork / Pig

As requested from a few parents that I babysit for :) So I figured I would post it for everyone else to enjoy.

What you'll need:
~crock pot
~pork butt- boneless
~1 cap full of liquid smoke
~1/2 cup shoyu
~Hawaiian salt / sea salt
~1 1/2 cup water
~cabbage


Directions:
1-cut pork into a few smaller piece's, removing all fat. place in crock pot.
2-top with salt- generously
3-add liquid smoke, water, shoyu
4-add more salt on top
5-cook on low for 6-7 hours
6-add shredded cabbage 1/2 hour before serving.
(cabbage should be soft)

* Best served with white rice
7-ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!


(sorry abt the poor quality of the photo, this was my left over bowl & it was taken with my cell phone. However it was to die for)

2 comments:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Ooooh....you know I love me some Kalua Pig! I always keep an extra pork roast in the freezer. I hope your friends love it!!

Nichole said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM looks delicious!