Sunday, February 28, 2010

41 days to go

The morning started off nothing as planned. The plan was: get up Crystal & I were taking Ashlyn home by 7AM & then going to a Yoga class. Needless to say that changed real quick. I got a text message from my dear friend Annie telling me about a Tsunami that was suppose to hit the islands some time mid morning. She wanted to make sure I was prepared for the worst. Thankfully I went to the commissary last night and got food and stuff to get me thought the next couple weeks.
Crystal called me & at 6AM we quickly took Ashlyn home and headed to the commissary so she could pick up a few things for her and the fam.
The commissary was insanely packed, there wasn't a empty cart or basket in sight. We saw so many people there that we knew it was comical to say the least. We made it a trip worth remembering that's for sure.
They were limiting BOTTLE WATER, PAPER TOWELS, TOILET PAPER AND RICE of all things to 3 per military ID holder, crazy.




We made our way back to Crystals house, I got the pups and we hung out there for the rest of the morning well into the afternoon. We had a bright idea to go drive up to Kole Kole pass and walk up the mountain to sit and watch the waves come in. However that wasn't so bright of a idea when we got up there and Kole Kole was closed due to a "live fire training". We went back down the road were some other friends were hanging out staying out of any danger that came our way. We decided to stop and say hello, I had the pups. so it gave them a chance to get out and run around a bit and then back to the house it was so chill and relax the rest of the afternoon off with the Woodsides.



In the mix of heading out the door Gabe called me to check and see how I was doing here with everything going on. I was SO EXCITED because it was from a odd number so I didn't know it was him till I answered. I miss him so much and would do anything to have him here with me right now :(.

This evening I went down to Makakilo to watch little miss Grace for awhile. I was so tired and exhausted from going so much over the last couple day, to avoid falling asleep I cleaned her whole room and organized her book shelf for her mom. :) When I got home I was still in the cleaning zone, yes at 10:00pm at night. Got a few things done but decided called it a early night.

Ten days down and only 40 more to go.


I love & miss you baby so much & can't wait till this is over and you are back home in my arms. Love your Wifey :)

No comments: