Friday, February 12, 2010

OUR Life Lately

Crazy busy with work, loads of kiddos, management that doesn't know what the heck they are doing, getting ready for the hubbs to go to NTC, Vday coming up & babysitting.

Things have been alittle hectic over the last two weeks. I considered quiting my job and doing something else because it had gotten so bad. I know that things will not always be perfect & I get that but you'd think they would be alittle more organized than they are. I wish I could just take over sometimes and be like look if you do it this way or if you don't do this, things will work out so much better. Oh well, I'm sticking it out and staying with it. I know it's what is best at the time and well really I don't feel like looking for a new job and having to go through that whole process again.

The whole babysitting on the side has really picked up and seems to be going well. I use to babysit like crazy back home all the time but not here. Well not till recently that is. Since I have started at HMR I have been asked by 5 of the parents to babysit their children. It is nice to help them out, outside the CDC. It's also nice to see that a soldier with a higher rank at the beginning of their name is just a normal person like us. I have enjoyed getting to know them outside the CDC and their families.
We are planning to go to Kauai to celebrate our birthday's this year. Seeing's they are only 10 days apart I figured it would be a nice way to enjoy them together. So we are saving the extra money we are making from babysitting for our trip, its working out pretty well and we aren't going to have to pull anything out of pocket which is nice.

Gabe leaves for NTC at the end of this week for just under 2 months and I'm not looking forward to it at all. I am going to miss him like crazy, I wish that NTC was part of the deployment (like those 2 months were taking off the 12 months) RIGHT I WISH!! I plan on staying really really busy, exploring more of the island and visiting places that I have not been to yet. I want to be able to look back at the two months when its over with and be able to say I did this or went here and not just sat around the whole time. Even if it means loading the CD player and heading out for the day by myself "I'm gonna DO IT".

Valentines Day is just around the corner and I'm super excited. We don't have any really BIG plans at all. Just going enjoy the day together. (we do have plans, you'll just have to stick around to see what they are) It's going to be the first year since we have been together that we are together for Valentines Day (the same place). I am curious to see if Gabe goes with the tradition that we (I) talked to him about doing.

We are set to go to the Valley for block leave coming up the end of May. Tickets are booked and bought!!! I am super excited and bummed at the same time. I was really wanting to go in July so we could be there for the 4th and for our friend N's bday. However seeing we have to go when the army says its ok, the end of May it is. Gabe has promised to take me to the Grand Canyon this time. I have never been and I tryed talking him into it last July when we went but he just wasn't feeling it. BUT, this time we are going :)

We found out recently that the deployment has been moved back which is good news. Sucks MAJOR that it has to happen either way but the later it is rather sooner is better for me. I am truly enjoying life here in Hawaii with the Love of My Life & I'd rather it stay that way.

The pups are getting big and still as crazy as ever, but they are getting allot better. We take them to the doggie park just about every Sunday to let them run around and get their energy out. I love them to death however I'm not looking forward to them annoying the crap out of JUST ME these next 2 months. My oh My I think we will be making more trips to the dog park.

Just a sneak preview of our life lately and how things have been going. I truly am living My Fairy Tale Dream with my Prince Charming. Life is GRAND & PRICELESS and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

1 comment:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Man I feel ya! It seems like everything's been sooo busy lately...not nearly enough hours in the day :( We're going to Kauai before the deployment too...just trying to decide when...we'll see who gets their way...me or Allen...hehe :)

Remember I'll be around if you ever wanna get together during NTC :)