Sunday, February 14, 2010

"US" & dinner

A quick run to the commissary to get a couple last minute items for dinner turn in to a OMG moment for me. I don't normally buy magazines just because well to me you can google just about anything you can read in a magazine online and find out EVERYTHING so why buy it and waste the money. Now don't get me wrong I'm not knocking them at all, my husband buys different ones all the time and I have many friends that have monthly subscriptions to different magazines. I'm just saying it's not for me. This afternoon was different, as we are standing there in the line to check out something caught my eye. As I always do, I was looking at the magazines on the rack to see what the latest top Celeb. gossip was. When I saw the current Bachelor Jake Pavelka & 1 of 3 remaining women left Vienna Giradi on the cover of the "US Weekly". With only a few items in hand I didn't have time to flip through it there so it was a must have and quickly gave it to Gabe to add with the rest of what we had.
I am a faithful watcher of the Bachelor and can NOT stand Vienna so I was curious to see what the hype was all about.



Come to find out Miss. V. is not all she is cracked up to be. I couldn't stand her from the beginning and I think she is way to young for him. Not that age has anything to do with who you fall in love with at all. Age is just a number, its just that Jake doesn't seem to be the type of man that goes for the younger woman. But for whatever reason he is keeping her around, I just hope he doesn't end up picking her in the end. Out of the 3 remaining women I'd have to say that Gia is my #~1 pick and then Tenley. March 1st is the just around the corner so we will see when the final rose is handed out.

On the dinner menu tonight was Chicken & Dumplings made from scratch. I attempted making them a few months back and it turned into a horrible disaster. My pot was way to small and kept over flowing, I added way to much pepper & to top it off the dumplings didn't cook all the way. Needless to say it went in the trash. I redeemed myself tonight making a out standing pot of Chicken & Dumplings. I was so happy and the best part was Gabe loved them :) I love cooking there's just something about it and the best part is weather it turns out great or not so great My hubby enjoys it all. He's a trooper and doesn't hold anything back. hee hee

1 comment:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Ughhh...I really can't stand the girls left on the Bachelor. I'm curious to see if Jake will actually stay with whomever he picks.

Did you get to use your new pot for the chicken & dumplings?