Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentines Day

Finally after what seemed like 20 years we are getting to celebrate our FIRST Valentines Day together. Now, yes we have been together but not physically together in the same place. I'm not one to make a big deal about Valentines Day, to me there are other Holidays that mean more to us than today. Although that doesn't mean we aren't celebrating because we sure are. I remember talking to Gabe mid-January about what I wanted to do. I told him I wanted to keep it simple and just that is what we did.

Starting out with a breakfast, it was one of those were you prepare it the night before and put it in the oven to cook in the morning. This was a first for us, I've had breakfast like this before just never did one myself. I knew I wanted to do something different other than the normal that we do on the weekends to make it special. It turned out pretty good, I was impressed. Gabe put it all together for me last night because I wasn't home and he did a perfect job.



We exchanged gifts, which again was kept very simple. Last year Gabe got back from Iraq just shortly after Valentines Day so we didn't get to celebrate. I had a card and a small stuffed bear waiting for him on his nightstand and I had a matching stuffed bear on mine as well (they both are still there, never been moved). I told him that we should start a tradition for Valentines Day and have a stuffed animal exchange instead of a big gift to kept things simple and easy. With Christmas a couple months prior and both our birthdays 2 months after V~day it just made sense.
So I got him a card of course and a cute green frog holding a heart that said "LOVE YOU" and a box of chocolate :) he love it. He pulled through on our new tradition as well and got me a cute little green frog that sits in a box holding a heart as well. Super Super cute :)!!!!!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I made Valentines cup cakes last night in the middle of cooking dinner to add to the occasion and they turned out so good. Super cute I might add, they were topped with red and white sprinkles and a touch of love.



After lounging around for a bit we loaded up the puppies and made our way to Wheeler AAF. We have found that they really like the dog park there. I was worried that they'd just walk around because there aren't any other dogs there to play with, but they LOVE it. Dingo is so much more active and runs around like crazy. Were at the dog park in Mililani he sticks by our side more than venturing out. They both stay together were ever they go, its so cute to watch they running around.




This afternoon we had a nice relaxing afternoon at home watching "Couples Retreat". I saw it when I was in Texas this past fall but Gabe hadn't because he said it was a chick flip. I'll tell you he was laughing through the whole move.

All dressed up & ready to hit the road.......


With dinner plans at Red Lobster we headed downtown around 4pm and enjoyed a nice evening together. (I am not a sea food person at all but I do love Red Lobster) Be time we left I was totally stuffed and couldn't eat another thing. We totally out did ourselves ordering 2 appetizers, salad, dinner & dessert. Boy was it all so good and worth it though. It's not often that we go all out like but it was nice. hee hee





We made our way back to town for a late night movie. "Valentines Day" Super cute movie, I loved it and can't wait for it to come out on DVD now. It was crazy seeing so many top celebrities in the same movie, they definitely pulled it off well. (It's a must see in my opinion) The ending got me a little teary eyed when the mom came home to her son.



The day couldn't of been more perfect, I was with the Love of My Life and just smitten :) He always knows how to put a smile on my face and make the day just amazing. I couldn't of thought of a better way to spend our first Valentines Day together. The simple things in life are what matter most to me.



I LOVE YOU BOO, MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY AND MORE TOMORROW THAN TODAY. LIFE WITH YOU JUST MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

2 comments:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

What a fun-filled Valentine's day :) And the cupcakes look yummy!!

P.S. I started to tear up @ the end of Valentine's Day (movie) too.

J said...

I also thought Valentine's Day was a great movie-the ending made me tear up as well. It melted my heart that she flew for hours just to see him for a few hours and the guy was so sweet to give her his car! Loved it girl!

Looks like you all had a great valentines-cupcakes look tasty!