Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Caribbean Chicken Kabobs

JUST FOR MY SWEET SWEET JESS. IN THE GRAND OLD AZ, GOTTA LOVE THE DESERT.
Here you go babe, let me know how they turn out. (sorry it took so long, i totally for got you asked lol)


Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15-20 min



1 3/4-pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (our we just get the frozen chicken tenders and cut them to our liking)
1/4-cup vegetable oil---(just used to coat the grill, not a must)
3-tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning (dry) (Jess. if you can't find this seasoning in AZ let me know & I will mail you some, bc trust nothing compares this stuff is the best we use it on almost everything)
1-small pineapple, rind removed and pineapple cut into 1-inch cubes (gotta use the fresh ones NOT can, its so so much better)
1-medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1-medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1-small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces


Step 1--Brush grill rack with vegetable oil, then heat to your likings.
Step 2--Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons of the oil followed by coating WELL with the jerk seasoning
Step 3--Thread chicken, pineapple, bell peppers and onion on skewers rotating between food item. (We use the wooden ones they work just as good as the metal skewers)
Step 4--Cover and grill kabobs over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
AND THEN CHOW DOWN BABY!!!!
When we make them we almost never make anything to go with them, just because they are so good and we always make extra so we are so full just from just eating the kabobs, we don't want them to go to waste and they aren't so bueno the next day.
Girl, take a pic. and post it up when you make them and tell me how you like them.

LoTs Of LoVe tO oUr FrIeNdS iN aZ.....we miss you Jess. & Greg and puppy shelby to!!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Thanks love! I can't wait to make them! I hate asking you, but will you send me the Caribbean jerk seasoning (I'll send you a check for everything). I went to 3 stores (Albertsons, Bashas and Safeway), and I couldn't find it. I broke my phone a while back and lost my numbers. If you text me (480-529-4490), I'll give you my address. I bought the stuff for the lemon chicken...I love cooking, thanks for the recopies! We miss you guys too and Shelby can’t wait to meet Dingo…she wants to know if he likes older woman?

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Hey girl, i will pick up the seasonings friday when we go to the commissary. They should have it in stoke. I dont mind at all sending it your way, it wont taste good with out the right seasonings hee hee.
As for Dingo, well he is still very much a chicken when it comes to other dogs, he is interested when there is a wall or gate between them but when he comes face to face its totally funny.
I cant wait to get him and chloe together.
Let me know how the Lemon chicken turns out, and if you like it.
Ill text you in a few.
Love ya Babe!!!