Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Training Day 3

Well the day didn't start out with training, but it sure ended with some.
I was up bright & early this morning to head down to Tripler Army Medical Hospital because I needed to have a physical done. I got there with plenty of time to spare (I was a bit nervous bc it was my first time there, however no problems finding my way. THANK GOODNESS FOR GPS) The Physical went great & I was out of there with in 20 minutes. So I was on track with time to make it back to training by 10:30am, I was just going to run by the house drop off my paper work so Gabe could turn it in on his way back from lunch. Then it hit me, I called to make sure the Occupational Health Office would be open around noon & sure enough not. So I quickly ran got what I needed from the house & over to the Clinic I went. As the nurse is looking through all my paper work my eye is on the clock. I have 30 minutes to get to Helemano Military Reserve, which with traffic the way it has been on post it can take that long to get there.
The nurse informs me that I need to be updated on a few shots. WHAT!!!! Are you kidding me, I hate shot's so much. Ok Ok whatever so I go over to the Family Practice building were I got my TB Test done & (from what the nurse told me they would do all the shots I needed in one. NOT,) I got 2 shots today one in each arm & have to go back in a month for another & then in 5 months for the last one. So a total of 5. OMG, they hurt so bad I got tears in my eyes and wanted to punch the guy that was doing it but I was nice & didn't.
At this point its 10 till 10:30 & there is no way I'm going to make it to training on time. So I decided to head home and wait it out. I'll return at 12:30 which is when the next class starts.
OMG, what a morning. I guess on the bright side of things at least I am making sure that I am up to date on all of my health records and I am as healthy as a horse. LOL Minus my eye sight which is not the best but not bad either, it will do.

The after noon part of the day went well. I was able to relax & have a bite to eat for lunch with my love.
At training we went over Curriculum CDC & Curriculum SAS/MST which is just basically the teaching materials they use at the different schools with the Preschool children.
Finally only two more days left and then I don't have to worry about any more in class training. (just making up the 2 classes I miss this morning)

No comments: