Thursday, July 26, 2012

Early Riser & Vic Forge Week

I am not a morning person at all, I sleep in till the very last minute during the week. I'm really trying to get better at getting up earlier and getting things done around the house & getting ready for work. I'm making progress slowly, which is better than not at all. I'm really wanting to get up early enough before work to get my run in for the day. This way when I get home from work if I don't feel up to it, then its fine. Right now because its so stinkin hot out I have to wait till 7-730pm to go for my run. I like getting home changing and going right then and there but with this heat I can't. Even more so since I take the pups with me there's no way that they can be out running in such hot weather. Last night I went to bed by 10:30pm and woke up when my alarm went off at 6am. Instead of turning it off like I normally do I got my booty out of bed and dressed for my run. I surprisingly once I got up and dressed I was wide awake, that always happens. Its just the "getting up" and out of bed part that sucks. I leashed up the pups, we headed out for our run. I was back in plenty of time to shower, eat some breakfast and get ready for my day. I was in such a good mood, I was so proud of myself for finally following through with my morning run and not caving in to my comfy pillow. My goal is to get up early at least 2 morning through out the week to get my run in before work. This way I can still sleep in if I want and then I don't have to worry with it when I get off. Since I run 5 days a week sometimes 6 days this will break the time up a bit. I will be able to plan around evening activities with the hubbs and not feel bad for not getting my run in. Day one DONE, I did it and now I know I can do it again!!!!  
My day was going great, it started off on the right foot LITERALLY lol and then when I came home for lunch it just got even better. I pulled into our drive way to see the hubby's car sitting there. Something I was not expecting to see at all. This week is Victory Forge week, this is were they take the SIT out to the field for the entire week Mon-Fri and they are able to put everything they have learned through out the past 9 weeks to the test. The Drill SGTs have to stay out their with them as well because there is so much to do and train on still. It sucks because they don't get much sleep at all and with the 100+ temperatures we've been having I don't know how they are even able to function. The last day for Vic Forge is tomorrow but I guess there was some clothing used that needed to be cleaned before it could be turned in so he came home to wash it and clean everything up. It was such a nice surprise seeing him and being able to spend my lunch together. Normally he will text me when he is home but not today, it was nice though I liked the surprise. I was bummed when I had to leave because I know he was headed back out to the field shortly after me. It's ok though because he'll be home tomorrow evening. 
We're ALMOST done with our first cycle, it really hasn't been as bad for me as I though it would be. Still not a walk in the park and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone but its been doable.
"Welcome to Ft. Jackson - Victory Starts Here"
(That's what the gate guards say every time we come through the gate)

~DAY 287~


Brittany said...

You are so self-driven....I'm impressed! Wish some of that would rub off on me! I'm not a morning person at all either.

Janna Renee said...

I'm glad you are staying strong girl! I know what you mean about just getting to spend a bit of time together. One time Will was in the field and I got into a fender bender. He got to come "save" me, and it was soooo amazing to be with him for just a few hours!

Jamie said...

That is awesome that you're so dedicated. I wish I was!