Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dreamin, Wishin, Test Drivin

I had to take my car in to the shop (again) to have the door handles fixed they were recalled blah!!! I swear I never had a single recall or problem with my 2009 Challenger. Today is a day I still wish I had that one. While we were there the hubbs wanted to check out the trucks they had on the lot. OMG, if you have been following since before we left Hawaii you know we are crazy with our cars and we have gone through a lot. Frankly because my husband is nuts and always wants something new to drive. I knew though going into this that we would not be trading his Subaru in. He (thankfully) likes this one way to much, but in his words "I still like to look". In Hawaii we had a fully loaded Dodge Ram TRX V8 Hemi, that had every bell and whistle you could think of. But when he got back from deployment filling up two V8 vehicles at almost $100 each wasn't going to work. We decided after A LOT of back and forth to trade in his truck. It was a sad day, I LOVED that truck and so did he. Neither one of us really wanted to see it go. With our upcoming PCS we knew being on the mainland we would be doing a lot of traveling and driving. There for we needed something more fuel efficient.
He found a truck on the lot that looked just like ours the only difference was the color on the outside. He sat in it and dreamed, and drooled over it for a good 5 minutes. Then the sales guy asked him if he wanted to take it for a test drive "SURE" popped out of his mouth real quick. OH NO, here we go again I though. I made sure to let the salesman know we would not be purchasing the truck but he insisted we still take it for a spin. The hubbs was in love, you could see it in his eyes. He wants a truck again so bad but at the same time he knows that with gas prices right now its just not the smart buy. The Subaru is great, gas mileage on that thing is amazing, we have plenty of room in it and it GOES. There's no reason to trade it in and we didn't. When we were leaving after looking at a few other trucks, I couldn't help but ask him if he "really really wanted to trade in the Subaru." I'm a sucker, I want him to have whatever it is he wants. He said "no" & said that "since we were there he'd look, plus since we didn't have a TV at home he didn't want to spend the whole night on the computer." Made since to me and it really wasn't that bad, we weren't there super long. In Hawaii he loved going to look at cars, taking them on a test drive then going in and talking to the salesman on price. He enjoys it me not so but I go along with him because I know its something he enjoys, plus somebodies got to keep him out of trouble. 
 
















~DAY 273~

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Car decisions are hard ones. Good luck!

Niken said...

Gas prices is crazy now. And choosing a car should be with strategy

Janna Renee said...

I am very happy that the hubby and I are on the same page with vehicles...we like gently loved OLD vehicles. I refuse to have car payments, hate having vehicles that we can't fix ourselves, and I don't want to get pissed every time I get a door ding or scrape. Maybe down the road we will get something "new" (like if we have kids), but for now- I am sooo happy with all the money in the BANK. Haha.