Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Life on the Trail

Well the hubbs has officially gone back to work, not just as a Infantry man either but as a Infantry Drill Sergeant. Yesterday was his quote on quote "first day on the job". He left bright and early only to return around 6am to inform me that he had some good and bad news. At this moment I was still half asleep in bed, but that quickly changes when those words were spoken. Let me tell you that's never something a Milispouse wants to here . The good news was that the company he was assigned to graduates next Thursday the 5th which is followed by a 6 week cycle break. Meaning no BCTS (basic training soldiers) for 6 weeks, normal work days, no weekends or CQ shifts and the best part is it does effect our two term here. The bad news was they were in the field for the whole week meaning be had to go as well and there would be a possibility that he would have to stay the night. I've told myself I'm going to try and make the most out of our time here. I have come to terms that its not going to be easy, the hubbs will be gone a lot, not home many weekends but that can't stop me from getting out and enjoying life in the south. Although I know I'd enjoy it a heck of a lot more if be was with me. I know its going to be hard, I won't lie to myself about that but truly I'm going to "try" not to be a negative Nancy about the situation / assignment we are in right now. After all when our time is up here I do want to be able to look back on the wonderful memories we made here. It may not be paradise but its got some charm and unlimited amounts of sweet tea so you really can't go wrong there. Back to last night, he ended up coming home around 8:30pm not to bad at all. Sadly I didn't cook dinner (not even for myself, I just had a slice of cake) so he had some left over cheese dip from a couple nights prior. Opps sorry love. I guess they ended up not needing him to stay out last night which I'm fine with. On the downside he's out there now and won't be home till late Friday night. It's only two night so really not a huge problem but I still miss him. Not to mention I was asked to babysit Friday night and then I leave first thing Saturday morning for vacay, (more on that to come) so we won't be able to spend much time together till after I get back, 7-8 days later. I know we can do this, we will get through it and come out stronger in the end. There's not a single challenge or road bump we've been faced with that we haven't over come. This is just one of many steps to help further his career in the army. This evening I was out walking the pups with a friend who is also on our unit when I got a lovely picture text from the hubbs. He was hard at work driving around in their staff duty truck.

I have no clue what he is doing let alone what in the world he was thinking but it totally made my night. He can be such a goof ball at times and so serious as well. I see he's ditched the campaign hat already. Oh the joys of life as a Drill Sergeants Wife, you know I wouldn't trade it for the world if that means being with him every day.

~DAY 167~


*Katie* said...

Hilarious Pic!!!

Janna Renee said...

OMG I just died! I'd rather have a goofball than an a**hole ;)

ROXY said...

Love the pic... Lol. It sucks when they are gone even for a day. I hate sleeping alone. It never seems to get easier. Good luck and I know you guys will make the most of the little time you do have together.

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

That picture is absolutely hilarious!! Love it!