Friday, March 2, 2012

Time for a change maybe ????

As sad as it is to say its been over a year since I've had my hair cut, or even trimmed. For whatever reason I simple just put it off and tend to forget about it. I'm determined to make a change to that and get it trimmed up more often to maintain my beautiful long hair.
The last time I cut my hair I went in to get highlights put in which I did and just a inch cut off and walked out 10.....YES TEN inches shorter. I liked it for about 1/2 a day and then wanted my long hair back. Sadly my hair grows so slow and I knew that it was going to take a long time to grow back out. At that point after the cut it was right at my shoulders. I wanted to cry, people said that it was long but to me it wasn't. 

After cutting 10 inches off. 
 Earlier in the week a co-worker was telling me about Salon 2000 were she goes & how she really likes the girl that cuts her hair. So I made a appointment with her for today during my lunch to get my hair cut. I was nervous because the though of doing something completely different went through my head but I wasn't sure. I knew in the back of my mind that if I did it again I would so made at myself. 
But I tried telling myself sometimes change isn't always bad. 

This is my hair this morning before I went to get it cut, its grown out a good bit in the last 13 1/2 months but not a lot at all. I'm sure it would have grown out more if I would have trimmed the ends more often, but again that's were I failed. I do plan to be better at this from here on out. Its still shorter then it was before I cut the 10 inches off. It's easy for me to tell because of the highlights, were they stop to my scalp is the amount its grown out. Right here its right above my elbow so not quiet to the middle of my back. I don't think you can tell really from this picture but the ends are just awful and really need something done with them.


I went with my hair on this one and stayed true to myself keeping my long hair. I only cut a ONE inch off to kept my length. It was just enough to clean up the ends and make it look beautiful and pretty again. I can tell a world of a difference just by running my hands through it. I absolutely LOVE it, the best part is the hubbs commented on it before I even brought it to his attention. He knew I was going to get it cut, but to have him tell me that even he was able to tell a difference made me feel really good. I'm so happy I didn't change it, maybe one day but not right now.


~DAY 141~
Just for fun I decided to show you all a picture of when I did have really short hair. This was back in 2003-2004 some time around then when I graduated high school. I like the one on the left best, but I'll admit I don't always want to spend the time to straighten my hair so a pony tale is a quick solution.


















(I scanned these to my computer so the quality isn't the greatest sorry.)

3 comments:

Bree said...

I love your hair long! It's gorgeous! I cannot wait until mine is back to being long :)

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

love the cut
-wHiT

lilmoomoo said...

I am CRAZY about my long hair too.
I think I would have had a HEART ATTACK if I walked out with 10 inches cut off!!
The pic of you right after that cut looks adorable though! I do have to admit, that length looks good on you too!!

I just always feel like, even if it's only 1/2 cut off, that my hair has been chopped off!!!

The trim you got looks great :) you can tell a difference for sure!
And awesome pics from your short hair days! LOL I think the last time my hair was cut above my shoulders was 6th grade. LOL

I'll have to get some pics from home when I go visit!