Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Baking Day!!!!

DAY 41

One of my favorite parts about the Holidays


One of my favorite things about the holidays has got to be baking loads and loads of baking. I had the day off today from work (a wonderful 5 day weekend) & I spend the day doing a bit of cleaning but mainly baking. Just something about it really gets me in to the holiday spirit and I love the way it makes the house smell. First up was my world class famous homemade brownies with Reese / Chocolate swirl fudge topping. Seriously people rave about these things they are aaaaaammmmmmaaaaazzzzzing. Next was my mommas all time spectacular peppermint cheese cake, another one of my holiday favorites. She hates cheese cake but gosh can she make a darn good one or billion.
Last but not least was a new one that I tried out last year, Cinnamon Sugar Pecans. I LOVE LOVE LOVE roasted pecans and when I stumbled upon this recipe last year I just had to give it a try. It was a hit, everyone seemed to love them so I had to make them again this year. It was a good thing I had the day off because each batch takes 1 hour to make & I was making 3 batches. Our neighbors have been so good to us since we moved in and so sweet we decided we would make them each a bag to enjoy during their Thanksgiving Holiday. Once the last batch was in the oven and I had the 3 bags ready with a cute decorative label found on line & sealed Gabe & I went out to deliver them. It was so wonderful to see the smiles on their faces when we handed them the goodies & wished them a Happy Thanksgiving. As I mentioned in a previous post two out of the three are retired Army & it felt so good to be able to do something for them & to tell them Thank You for everything their family did for mine.
What is your favorite sweet treat to make during the Holiday Season???? This is only the beginning of the baking in the G house hold. I have loads more up my sleeve for Christmas just wait and see. :)

2 comments:

lilmoomoo said...

umm.. peppermint cheesecake???
I BET THAT IS SO GOOD!!

I love anything peppermint :) And usually just about any cheesecake!

I might have to try that out!

lovelovelove
moo.

Pris said...

you gave me some last year and omg they were soo amazing! i lost that recipe since i deleted my fb account so i would love to have them! even though im on a diet for the next month i still would love to make these :)