Sunday, November 13, 2011

MIil~Spouse

While enjoying a evening at home watching some old classic christmas movies I was surfing the net and stumbled upon this little Q & A and though I'd give it a whirl.

1. How long have you been a military wife?
Four years this past Wednesday & loving every bit.

2. What branch of service is your husband?
ARMY

3. Active/Reserve?
Active Duty

4. What is his job?
Infantryman ~ Drill SGT

5. How many deployments have you gone through?
TWO ~ a 15 month & a 12 month

6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man?
I think he looks super sexy in his ACU's but I love the BLUES as well.

7. What do you like about being a military wife?
The chance to experience new places & meeting new people from all around the world.

8. Do you live on base?
We did / do at our last duty station & our current one, seems to work good for us.

9. What is your favorite base so far?
We are on our 2nd duty station and I have to say the 1st ~ Schofield Barracks has been our favorite.

10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
The separation from family & close friends, Hurry up & wait, Not knowing what the future holds, CHANGE!!!!

11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary?
The Commissary~ prices are better & its convenient.

12. Do you work or stay at home?
At Schofield I worked at the CDC & plan to do the same here at Ft. Jackson at the moment I'm working part time at a Day School.

13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
I have know a good bit of Mili spouses but I have a very select few that I call my friends.

14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?
NEX when we were in Hawaii but now the PX.

15. How did your husband propose?
After a week visit in Texas we were having lunch at a local park when he asked :)

16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
We were married on his 2 year mark to the date.

17. How long have you been together?
November 29 of this year will be 5 years.

18. Any kids?
NOPE, just 2 little pooches

19. Any kids yet to come?
No plans at the time but we will see.

20. Is your husband one of those "I am Soldier hear me HOORAH" kind of guys?
No not at all, he def. sticks to what he believes & will tell you how he feels but he does not walk around with a "Im in the army hear me roar" sign/

21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
No can't say that I have.

22. How many bases have you lived at?
TWO Schofield Barrack Hawaii & Now Ft. Jackson South Carolina

23. If you could change one thing about the military?
Moving and having to leave all my wonderful friends whom I now consider family.

24. Do you like military balls?
I've only been to one and I loved it, getting to dress up & spend the evening with my handsome soldier out and remembering the ones we lost over the deployment it was a wonderful evening.

25. Where does your family live?
Mine in Texas, His in Arizona

26. What do you do for a job?
Child Care, Banking company (Citi & soon Well's Fargo) Mortgage company

27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?
No, can't say that I have.

28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.
Spend time with my most favorite girls.

29. Do you think other wives do that too?
I am going to guess some do, it truly depends on what they have going on in their life.

1 comment:

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I love milspouse Q&As! I might have to do this one :)