Tuesday, November 8, 2011

First Impressions

DAY 25

They say First Impressions are everything


Well let me just tell you Gabe made a great one today at his first official day back to work with his new unit. It was his first time doing PT with them and it didn't last long at all. I got a text message this morning around 7:45am "I'm at the Hospital, I'll be home soon but I'm fine & I love you". Really that's all I get I though, so I texted back asking what happen and he responded with "doing Log PT and getting two stitches doc. is here call you when I'm done" Ok I though that in the world could have happened that would case him to have to get stitches. I was on my way to a interview shortly after so I wasn't able to talk to him again till later in the afternoon when I was on my way to work and he was headed home. That's when he told me they ended up putting not two but four stitches in his chin. I guess when the doc. looked closer he decided the cut was bigger then he though. This evening when I got home I asked him to explain to me what happen bc I couldn't understand. I guess this is what happen......he was lifting the log (from the end) to flip it and when he did the opposite end popped back up and hit him in the chin. He said he didn't even realize anything had happened at first and then he felt his chin because it was a little sore, that's when he noticed it was gushing blood out. I asked him why none of the other guys he was doing PT with said anything and he said it was still pretty dark out so no one really noticed till he pointed it out.
He goes back on Saturday to have the stitches taken out. Right now he has it uncovered, they told him when he was home to let it air out but when he goes out and to work to cover it up with a band-aid. We are hopping that it wont scar to badly but the doc said it probably will. I told him scars are just sexy and it would only make him look hotter then he already did.
I am happy that we had our Holiday pictures taken yesterday pre~chin bust. We still would have done them either way, I prob. would have ended up using a picture we already had from our TX trip for our Christmas cards though.
I'll let you know this weekend how the removal of the stitches goes, hopefully not to painful for him.

2 comments:

Carol Thompson said...

O.K., was wondering how Gabe ended up with stitches, what could have possibly happened, my first thought was a car wreck, glad it wasn't, but my imagination gets the best of me. So glad it wasn't any worse, could have hit him in the eye and that would have been horrible. So a scar, just think of all the stories he can tell about getting it.Hope the stitches came out with ease...Love you both, NeNe

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

Oh my goodness! Poor guy!! Thank goodness they were able to get him all stitched up. I hope he has a speedy recover.