Thursday, November 17, 2011

Puka Means Hole &

DAY 35
Your leaving a hole in my heart.


Before we left Hawaii we had dinner with one of the very first families we met when we moved to the island. I will always have a special place in my heart for the W family as I know they will for us. Vic took me in when Gabe was away during the busy months of training prior to our 2nd deployment. We shared many memories together and between her beautiful daughter as well. Before we left that night after having dinner Vic gave me a card, inside was a heart warming note & a special bracelet. Part of the card said........

"your going to leave a hole in our lives, which is why I'm giving you this puka bracelet. Pukameans "hole" in Hawaiian & the sea glass in your & my bracelets were found here on the North Shore. I know the beaches up here are special to you, and I hope when you look at the bracelet you'll remember the island life & the people you care about that you met here."

I will never forget all the memories we made in Hawaii during our years there. I carry them close to my heart and wear this bracelet as a daily reminder of the life we have and the friends that have become family. Hawaii is were everything started for us and were we fell in love. I can't wait to go back even if its just for a visit but for now I will have the wonderful memories and life long friends.

1 comment:

lilmoomoo said...

I had NO idea that is what "puka" meant!

that is such a sweet gift to get :)

I bet you miss hawaii sometimes!

lovelovelove
moo.