Monday, November 21, 2011

Testing Day

DAY 39

CDA Test Day is here.


Finally after what seemed like forever the day had come for me to take my CDA test. I though with the move to SC from HI it would have through a kink in the plan but thankfully everything was right on track. I arrived right on time @ 9:45am to the Education Center here on post to meet my advisor & get things rolling. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about it, I mean I had been out of the system now for about 2 months. But at the same time I have been doing this for years so I know my "Childcare stuff." The hubbs has been so supportive through out the whole process, even on my drive up to the Ed Center he texted me again wishing me good luck!!! I don't think I would have stuck with it this far if it wasn't for his support and encouragement through out this ordeal, it has been a tuff road getting here through this CDA process.
Things started out with a 60 multiple choice question test that I managed to slowly take my time on. I am about 85-90 % confident on my results on this part, I don't want to say I'm overly confident on it so I'd rather underestimate myself alittle. While I worked my way through the test booklet, Son my advisor looked through my CDA binder. She seemed quite impressed saying she had never seem one this organized before. It definitely gave me the confident boost I needed. After I was finished with the written part now was on to the oral part / the final part of the test. I was given 10 different pictures with a written scenario at the bottom which Son would read to me as well. After each page there was a question at the bottom & I had to answer it giving my opinion or thoughts. It was fairly easy to me, as there really was no right or wrong answer just thoughts and opinions.
The entire process was a lot less stressful then I had worked myself up for thinking it would be. My paper work and booklets have all been submitted to the Council in DC for review and I will know the results in 6-9 weeks on weather or not I have passed. I am keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that all goes well and there will be no issues. I think I will faithfully be checking the mail every day for my certification to come in.

No comments: