Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Run Baby Run!!!!

I absolutely love running races, they are so much fun and I'm always trying out do myself by beating my time before. When a friend back home posted on FB about The Color Run I knew I had to do some looking into it to see if there was going to be one in my area. If I was in Texas I would be able to do the one they have coming up here in a few weeks but sadly I'm not. However there is one coming in October, it's going to be in Charlotte, North Carolina only a hour away from us. WOOHOO!!!! I'm so excited to participate in my first ever Color Run. 
The even more exciting part is being able to do it with two fellow blogger friends of mine. When I found out the location and date for the NC run I immediately email both beautiful ladies to fill them in on the excitement coming our way. Not only will it be a complete blast to do but to be able to do it with them will just be awesome!!!! 
I'm not one to get all icky, dirty and messy so that part is way out of my box, but I'm so excited. I only hope that the hubbs will have that day off so he can come up with me and join in on the fun. (or at least take come pictures :) He always says he runs for work and not for fun, no way I could possibly keep up with him though. He is like a rock star when it comes to running and working out. 
I've been adding miles on my runs and working on my pace, exciting things like this just keeps my motivated and going that much more. :) Who would have though I would ever be this into running, I only wish I would have started soon. 






5 comments:

Bree said...

The color run sounds like it'd be awesome :) I ran in the Austin Capital 10k last year & I LOVED it!

Mrs. Robinson said...

It's gonna be SUPER fun! :)

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

OMG! I want to do the one in Chicago I believe in June or July! Looks like a blast!
-wHiT

Brittany said...

Sounds like a great run!

lilmoomoo said...

THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!
I got your email, and I haven't been able to write you back yet (hubby's impending deployment has been making things a little nuts around here)
but I think I will totally try to do this!!!