Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sinful Sunday

I've really been breaking in our kitchen over the last few weeks. Putting some of my new cookbooks to good use as well as Pinterest. I love cooking and baking, I could spend all day in the kitchen and never get tired of it. I don't know were this came from because growing up I stayed out of the kitchen for the most part. Unless I had to do my chores which included dishes, sweeping & mopping BLAH!!!!!

A week or so ago one of the teachers in my class brought some homemade Pimento Cheese dip to class. Of course myself & the other teacher had to taste test it to see just how good it was. I remember eating this growing up every so often at my Mamaws house I think but I don't at all remember it tasting this good. I've been missing out something crazy over the last few years. On one of my resent commissary trip I picked up a few jars of pimentos in hopes to try making the dip myself. This morning we didn't have any plans, I got up made the hubbs & I a five star breakfast. Ok so maybe Egg, Bacon, Biscuits & Gravy isn't Five Star but let me tell you if we would have had a glass of Chocolate milk it would have been. 
Anyhow after breakfast I decided it was a perfect time to make the pimento cheese. We were going to be home all day, no set plans so it would give us something to munch on through out the day. It was super easy, including only 5-6 ingredients, no cooking just put it all in a bowl & mix it up. Bam it was that easy, I have to say it didn't taste as good as the one Ms. E made at work but it was pretty darn good. Not to bad at all for my first time making it. 


The hubbs has never had pimento cheese before which is crazy because he has a serious love for ANYTHING cheese. I made him a plate and took it upstairs were he was studying. He looked excited to try it and dug right in only to give me this "what the heck is that" look. Major fail in his book he didn't like it, he said it had to much of a mayo taste. Bummer I'm determined to change his mind and try it a second time soon. I guess until then I've got lunch for the next few days. 


One of my favorite childhood cookies was & still is M&M Cookies so when I came across a recipe on Pinterest for them I Pinned it right away. It got to thinking it would be a great Valentines Day treat to make. The recipe didn't seem to intense & I had everything on hand in the pantry minus the M&M's, which I also picked up during my last commissary trip. 


They were a complete hit and taste just like they do from the bakery so so yummy. This will definitely be a recipe that we do again. It's great because you can incorporate them into any holiday season or simply use original M&M's. Lets just say the hubbs didn't turn his nose at these babies, he's gone back for many more. 


~DAY 122~


PS: both recipes can be found at M&M here Pimento Cheese here.

3 comments:

Janna Renee said...

I saw you on Lil' Moomoo's blog and I'm an Army wife too! I thought I'd drop by and say hi ;) Now following you! xoxo

Mrs. Robinson said...

All of this looks delicious! I love, love, love pimento cheese! My husband doesn't like it either, though... :(

I was pretty sinful this weekend as well, in terms of food. whoops!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I LOVE M&M cookies!! I'm super jealous! I wish I had an oven to bake right now :(