Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Whats Your Current Addiction ?!?!?

I've been on this Smoothie kick for the past few weeks really more so addiction but I ran out of the mix I like to use. I have not been able to find it any were here, so what was my hubbs suggestion when I complained to him about it.....MAKE YOUR OWN. Duh, Hello, Why didn't I think of that. Only problem is I really only like a couple different flavors, Strawberry & Banana Mix or either one by themselves. That's it so my options are very slim picking.

I finally found a recipe on line (no thanks to pinterest for once) through google search that seemed fitting for my taste buds. This evening after dinner I decided to give it a try. Turns out it was pretty tasty, I wont let the hubbs know his google search suggestion was a good one lol. It tasted just like the Strawberry Banana one I would get from the Smoothie Shop at the Schofield PX. Best part it cost me nothing, ok well other than the ingredients it calls for to make it. That all together totals the cost of ONE Smoothie from Smoothie king & with the stuff I bought from the Commissary I can make at least 5 more. It was super easy to make also, I just dumped everything in the blinder and MIX. You really can't beat a money saver, quick, tasty and HEALTHY late night snack. 



~DAY 131~

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I loooove smoothies! My current addiction is Starbucks frappuccinos though...unhealthy but so good!

❈ Annie - Blonde Glambition ❈ said...

I drink out of the same cups! They're perfect for any kind of drink :) My current addiction is plantation ice tea. Since I'm so homesick, it's been comforting.