Thursday, February 2, 2012

Change of Plans

DAY 112

I had every intention on going to spin class after work today. I haven't missed a class since I started going.

1~ went home on my lunch to let the pups out. 
2~ brought my gym close to work w/ me. 
3~ clocked out & changed clothes. 
4~ filled my water bottle w/ ice cold water before I left work. 
5~ went in the gate further away from work that is right by the gym. 

BUT.......that all change right as I drove through the gate. I though to myself "its just to BEAUTIFUL outside to spend the next hour inside the gym". I wanna take my babies and go for a nice run. I've been running faithfully for the last year now but since getting to the South I have not taken the pups with me. In Hawaii I would take them every day and they loved it, being able to get out, enjoy the fresh air and run their energy out.


They both go nuts when we pull out their leashes to go some were. When I take them running I have to walk them for the first 5 minutes or so, so they can calm down. I got home and let them out back for a couple minutes while I put my things away & then got them leashed up ready to go. I was nervous about how they were going to do, or really how I was going to do with them. I walked to the end of our neighborhood about 3-4 minutes away from our home and started my run from there. They were still pulling pretty strong on their leash but I had a good grip and a nice steady pace.
I ran with them down to were we go on the weekends sometimes, its right at a mile away from the house. I let them off their leash for about 2-3 minutes to run around back in the wooded area, but I was a little nervous being back there by myself so we didn't stay long. I leashed them back up and headed back towards the house. When I was half way to my turn to go towards our street I decided to stay straight and go a little further. At this point I was at 2 miles, I knew were the end of mile 3 would be & I was still going strong. I kept going back and forth in my head weather I was going to get to the red light at the end of the street and turn around and go back the way I came or just make the right at the light and go ALL the way around. I finally decided to go all the way around, I figure this way would be a new run for me. A route I hadn't ran yet, it ended up being a really good run around the entire back part of the housing area which totaled 5.14 miles. There were a few up & down hills in there which I pushed through just as hard. I was able to keep the same pace the entire time through out my run, I only stopped twice (other than when I let them off their leash for a bit.) and that was ONLY because the pups had to take a potty break. They did great and kept up with me the whole time, near mile 3 1/2 -4 they had finally backed off the leashes & weren't pulling as hard. That is until we passed two tiny yappy dogs that weren't on leashes nor were their owners to be found. Thankfully I was able to keep going and had the strength to pull them back. (Bailey goes nuts when she see's another dog or cat)

When the hubbs got home I was so stoked to tell him about my run with the pups. We plugged in my Nike GPS watch to my Mac and he was quiet impressed of course, he said "I knew you had it in you to start taking them again." I really think I run better with them, I'm not sure why but I do. I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into this evening but I was so happy I decided to skip spin and go for a run!!!!!!



No comments: