Saturday, May 5, 2012

Its Swim Meet Time

We spent our day here timing participants in swim relay races. It was loads of fun cheering them on and encouraging them to keep going when they though they couldn't. 
I was the only wife that volunteered to help. There were other wives there but they sat outside under a tent the whole time and chatted away. Ok sure there's nothing wrong with that but why not help since your here. It was so rewarding to see their faces after we would tell them their completion time. 
We had a fairly simple task and that was simply to time the participants as they swam the different races and relays. Easy enough right, ya it was but goodness they are seriously hard core about their times, false starts and what not. It was hard at times on them because if someone did something wrong and they bad to start over, some didn't quite understand what was going on. 
I think this has got to be one of the very FEW days that the two of us have ever worn matching shirts. They were super cool, we were each given one as a volunteer. 

I really had a GREAT time helping out and spending the day with my love and the people he works with. It was super hot out today and being inside a indoor pool didn't help at all. 
Speaking of indoor pools, I'm not a fan. My dad took my brother and I all the time when we were younger and something about them no creeps me out. I know it sounds weird but I just don't like them. 

Thankfully we had all day Sunday together with no work or interruptions from either end. We were both thinking that he would have to go in for something on Sunday to help with the Special Olympics but we found out this evening he doesn't YAY!!!!!!!!!!


~DAY 205~

No comments: