Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

We took full advantage of not having to be any were early this morning and slept in. Once we did finally drag ourselves out of bed we had some breakfast thanks to S's mom. From there we went and did a bit of shopping, we're on the hunt for a pair of boots. We're going on a cruise in October and they will go prefect for our trip!!!! Neither of us settled on a pair yet but we had fun trying them on & taking a walk on the country side of things.
While we were out this afternoon the hubby sent me a picture of our Sunflowers we have growing in the backyard. Isn't it just beautiful, I wish I would have seen it this pretty in person!!! 
Also check out this super awesome water bottle the spouse sent me!!!! (my on my birthday box later) It tracks your water intake & helps you keep track of how much water you should be drinking in one day.
We spent the rest of the day hanging out by the pool playing volleyball, swimming and soaking up the rays. Slowly one by one S's family all gathered at her house for a wonderful Memorial Day celebrations. There was loads of food, let me tell you it was so yummy.


 Enjoying the company and having fun as we remembered what Memorial Day was all about. 
Home of the Free because of the Brave, its because of the men and women that have & still do serve our country that we are able to do the things we do with out worry. I'm so blessed to be apart of such a awesome Army family. I pray that the ones gone before us lost in war may never be forgotten. 

~DAY 228~

1 comment:

ROXY said...

I have to find that water bottle. It's so neat!