Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy MiliSpouse Appreciation Day

I first just want to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to all ALL my Milispouse bloggers out there and even the ones that aren't bloggers. Being a Military Spouse has got to be one of the hardest jobs. 
So we don't go off to war..........but we are left at home to tend to the family. 
We don't work the long hours.......but we go to sleep alone. 
Our life isn't put in danger daily, but we worry sick because our loved ones is. 
We never have 100% communication with our Soldier when we want.........so we take advantage of the moments we have together. 
We chuckle at others when they complain about their spouse being away for the weekend, and in our head we are thinking "I'd give anything to have them gone for just 3 days."
Our life must go on when they are away as well as our children's life and the rest of our family. 
We are the ones who pick up the pieces and put the puzzle back together when its fallen apart.
 We manage to hold it together when we think things couldn't get any worse and then they do. 
Being a Military Spouse ISN'T for everyone, it takes a STRONG person to fill those shoes. I'm so blessed to be one of them and for each and every Milispouse that has come into my life. 
It's a hard life packing up and moving every couple years, meeting new people, learning a new area, finding a new job, learning a new culture. 
As hard as it may be some times I WOULDN'T change it for the world. 

My Soldier had the day off today so we were able to celebrate MiliSpouse Appreciation Day by having lunch together at one of my favorite places. 
Zoes Kitchen, the hubbs had never been before so I was interested to see what he though. Thankfully he liked it which is good because I don't know what I would do if he didn't.
 (my Zoes lunch date friend may be leaving soon, it would be a bummer if I had to go alone. ) 


Speaking of lunch dates with the hubbs I've enjoyed them quite well randomly the last few weeks. I saddened knowing that they are soon going to end. Cycle break is almost over and its back to reality for the two of us, and life on the trail. I'm not looking forward to it at all.  The insanely long hours, weeks and weeks straight with not a single day off. NOT EVEN A WEEKEND DAY. I've tried to prepare myself for our first full cycle expecting the worse but I'm sure it will be a million times harder than think. Many people refer to it as a deployment the only difference is they aren't in a war zone and they come home at night. Only to shower, change, go to bed to get up in a few short hours to do it all over again. We have 22 months left (that sounds better than a year & 10 months
) on the trail, its a two year assignment. That is if they don't ask him to stay and teach a 3rd year at the Drill School. Even then I know for a fact he would do everything he could to get out of it. He is not at all excited about being a Drill SGT. I still have hope that it will change with time but right now it doesn't look promising. 

~DAY 211~

2 comments:

Janna Renee said...

Happy MilSpouse to you too!! That salad looks yummy!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Glad yall are taking advantage of the time he does have off, and hopefully the Drill SGT experience will be a positive one in the end!