Tuesday, May 8, 2012

~Sweet Treat~

Remember all those tasty Strawberries we picked over the weekend?!?!? 
Well today at work I had a bright idea to use some of them to make Strawberry Short Cake. 
After it crossed my mind I couldn't stop thinking about it. I haven't had it in FOREVER. 
I'm not a fan of whip cream AT ALL!!!! I've never really liked it but I LOVE it with SSC.  So on my way home from work I stopped by the store and picked up some Angel Food Cake and Whip Cream. The hubbs was blowing up my phone worried about were I was because I had told him I'd be right there home, forgetting I still had to make a stop. 
Thankfully when I walked through the door with sweet goodies he completely understand and all was well. We normally don't have dessert on the week nights. Mainly because be time we both get home from work, make dinner, do dishes, pick up the house we are to tired & ready for bed shortly after.

This evening was different and we completely dug in and enjoyed a tasty bowl of Strawberry Short Cake. It was so good, I'm hoping we are able to make a trip out to Cottle Strawberry Farm again before they close for the season. 


Do you have a favorite simple "go to" dessert for long work nights?!?!?! 
I think this might just be our latest right now. 


~DAY 208~

2 comments:

Katie said...

mmmmmmmmm!!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

This looks great! I love fresh strawberries